From the week of July 24 to July 30
- Occupy Hillary? NY Times thinks Clinton may be a secret occupier. If only…
- DNC Chief Debbie Wasserman Schultz Resigns in Wake of Scandal way too late to do much good
- Super delegates switch to Sanders to restore integrity to Democratic Party (sorry, that’s too sensible for the NY Times to suggest it… but we can hope)
- Clinton Losing to Trump, but it’s Not Too Late for Sanders Nomination Unfortunately, by Sunday it will; be too late
- Michael Moore explains why Trump will win
- Pharma’s Orders Connection between Congressional votes and contributions (this story you can believe).
- ‘Reverse Robin Hood’ school vouchers divide Nevada ahead of court ruling
- Donald Trump, Peter Thiel and the death of democracy They think capitalism and democracy are incompatible. So, democracy has got to go.
- Overcharged: The High Cost of High Finance Finance is costing the U.S. about $1 Trillion per year, on average.
From the week of July 17 to July 23
- The global economic benefits of immigration and free borders (pdf)
- The Times reports a study claiming that police violence is not biased
- A dilemma for the blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Michigan’s Governor Snyder (of recent Flint memory) appoints oil lobbyist to run the Dept. of Environmental Quality
- #WallOffTrump demonstration at the RNC
- Some of the worst at the RNC: anti-Hillary pins and Bomb the S*** out of ISIS
- Trump’s Mixed Messages to Wall Street
- Pro-Trump view from the right: Forgotten Americans find their champion
- Peculiar protests at the RNC and The Stop Trump Movement.
- Another right-wing commentary: RNC establishment used this moment to entrench itself
- G.O.P.’s Moneyed Class Finds Its Place in New Trump World
- Global elites must heed the warning of populist rage
- Fences: A Brexit Diary
- Crispr: Chinese scientists to pioneer gene-editing trial on humans
- Kaine Pick Won’t Help Clinton Win Over Anti-Wall Street Critics
From the week of July 10 to July 16, 2016
- Higher minimum wage, increased earned income tax credit or a basic income guarantee — what are the pros and cons?
- A False Choice: Earned Income Tax Credit or Minimum Wage Increase
- Wonky and somewhat dated, but good discussion of impacts of minimum wage increases
- And let’s not forget those who aren’t working who wouldn’t benefit from either of those policies.
- How to build a movement?
- Rebecca Solnit: Occupy Your Victories
- Les Leopold: Economic Elites Will Only Give Up Power and Wealth When Forced to Do So
- Reposting Leopold’s Left Forum speech “How do we build a mass movement to end runaway inequality?”may want to skip 10-minute introduction
- As Sanders Endorses Clinton, How Far Left Has He Pushed the Democratic Party Platform? And does it matter?
- Bernie’s gone, but the left goes marching on
- By Endorsing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders May Have Positioned Himself to Win The Presidency
- How Globalization Divides Us
- We can end police violence in America
- Mathbabe: End Broken Windows Policing
- Reposting: Elizabeth Warren on why we must stop the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Philly airport workers vote to strike during the DNC
- The South China Sea: Explaining the Dispute
- How technology disrupted the truth
- Citibank and Venezuela – Perils of Centralized Monetary Systems
- This Man Traveled The World For 18 Months Spending Only Bitcoin
Previous News and Noteworthy